Monday, February 22, 2016

Prepping For a New Change

Happy Monday! 
I'm excited to let you all know that we are prepping to switch over to a WordPress blog. I am not too computer savvy, so it is taking longer than I'd like, but I'm so excited to have a more clean and crisp blog site that will truly represent what we are trying to accomplish and share to all our readers.When I say "I", I mean Justin is working hard with the computer tech-y stuff and I'm gratefully putting in my input on design and set-up. ;)

Who knew setting up a more professional blog could be so complicated with different hosting sites, domain names, and basic set ups?!

I am mentioning this because I plan to take anywhere from three weeks to a month hiatus off my weekly Monday posts in order to spend my time finishing up the new blog and not stressing over having enough time with taking care of Cedric and making sure I still get some sleep at night!

We ALL know sleep is major for keeping your health and immune system high.  

Oh sleep, how whimpy and miserable I feel without you. I have not seen much of it the last three weeks. Cedric is working on five, yes five upper teeth right now, and we have been on and off sleep for going on almost four weeks. I always know I am experiencing extreme sleep deprivation when besides spinning headaches, I can tell that my immune system drops drastically and little illnesses and body issues arise. A few days ago I got a clogged milk duct. *OUCHIE.* Of course one main reason for getting them is lack or sleep and fatigue. Go figure. Luckily I caught it early on (with the help of my nurse friend Courtney!) and got that under control.

Yes, I have tried everything holistic and natural to help Cedric sleep, but in the end, it seems like letting him be comforted by the sweet nectar of nursing is the most helpful these days. And I am okay with that minus being displeased with not getting adequate sleep.

The stuff that have semi been working are the *Hyland's teething tablets before bed, during the day I use these Munchkin mesh holders that are perfect for putting frozen berries or breastmilk in to help numb the area as they suck on them. I do use an amber teething necklace, still not sure if it does what everyone swears by, but I figured if it helps even relieve some of the pain, I'll keep using it. Problem is I take it off at night for safety and that's when he usually has his biggest pain issues. While baby Tylenol is an option, I've opted to stick with the natural approaches.

So all that put together is my reasoning of a needed blog break to recuperate and finish off the new site. When I am sleep deprived, I have NO desire or creative drive to do anything but go on survival mode and take care of my baby and try to sleep when the opportunities arise.

I am extremely excited for the upcoming new blog design and a return to a normal sleep schedule when Cedric produces a toothy grin. He is SO close!  I will keep you all updated when the new site is up and I will have a fun new blog launch giveaway to get it all started! I'm in between doing a kombucha starter kit or giving away a really insightful, need-to-own book, Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats.  It would be great if you weighed in on what one you would rather me do as a giveaway!
Can't wait for it all to be finished!
Until next time...

Here's a sneak peek of the start of our new design!
The logo:
*Yes, in 2010 they were recalled, but they have changed their ingredients a bit, and I believe it to be a safe product. Belladonna is not an issue ingredient in the serving size quantity and actually acts to help ease the inflammation and pain. Of course, use at your own judgement for your children.

4 comments:

  1. Hard deciding between the two option!!!

    Love your blog. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I guess I will just have to do two giveaways in the near future!

      Thank you! That means alot :)

      Delete
  2. so exciting! good luck on the "move" ... can't wait to see the new site!

    ReplyDelete